Two way ranging and Doppler systems are summarized. Differenced measurements or “differencing,” is explained. For additional explanation on differencing see Penn State’s course for Geospatial and GNSS professionals (https://www.e-education.psu.edu/geog862/node/1727).
There was some difficulty with projecting the slides to the screen so they have been added after the lecture was recorded.
Sign up for updates here: OD Course Landing Page (Syllabus/Schedule)
Slides: L12 Slides – Real Measurements 2
- L11 – Real Measurements
- L10 – Conceptual Example
- L9 – Conceptual Measurements
- L8 – Simulating Ideal Measurements
- L7 – Ideal and Conceptual Measurements
- L6 – Coordinate Systems and Time
- L5 – Perturbed Motion
- L4 – Two Body Problem
- L3 – Problem Solution and Review
- L2 – Orbital Mechanics Concepts
- L1 – Orbit Determination Concepts